* Southeast Governors have been urged to emulate Governor Chukwuma Soludo on mass infrastructural development to launch the region on the course of sustainable development.
Speaking in Awka, the Vice President of Ohaneze Ndigbo worldwide, Chief Damian Okeke Ogene said that this would give the people more dividends of democracy. Chief Okeke Ogene noted that the Governor has made visible achievements in various sectors and has intervened in areas hitherto neglected by successive administrations, including access roads to rural communities, repositioning the education and health sectors as well as empowering and employing youths in productive ventures to tackle unemployment and social vices.
* The convener of Soludo Ambassadors, a support group for Mr. Governor, Prof. Charles Chukwuma Soludo, Hon. Ossy Onuko has hosted its national, state and 3 senatorial zone coordinators. Also included were the coordinators of the 21 local governments under the aegis of Soludo Ambassadors. Speaking during the meeting, Hon. Ossy Onuko commended them for their efforts in marketing and propagating the Solution agenda to every doorstep in their various local governments. He added that Governor Charles Soludo is a passionate and selfless leader whose focus is the peace, progress and transformational growth of Anambra State, stating that Soludo Ambassadors is an organization with a focused agenda of bridging the gap between the governed and the government.
* Anambra governor’s wife, Mrs Nonye Soludo, says the growing figures of cardiovascular-based deaths call for renewed and more intentional medical and habitual approaches. Mrs Soludo who was speaking in Awka, noted that the seeming neglect by most people to go for routine heart checks, has contributed to the ravages of the most cardiovascular diseases including heart failure or stroke, which are the commonest among them. The World Health Organization (WHO) reports that cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) are the number one leading cause of deaths globally, accounting for an estimated over 17.9 million mortalities across the globe annually.
* Anambra State Police Command have arrested two ring leaders of the cults responsible for killings in Ihiala recently. Angel Network News reports that in a special operation spearheaded by the Police Crack Squad deployed to Ihiala by the Commissioner of Police, CP Aderemi Adeoye, to provide security for the people of Ihiala during and after the festive period, One Chitana Oha, male, 25 years, alias “Kill and Bury” was arrested. Also nabbed was one Emmanuel Ifeanyi Okonkwo, male, 24 yrs Alias “Good and Bad”. Both suspects were arrested at their hideout at Okija within the same Local Governments Area.
* The Transition Committee Chairman of Awka North Local Government Area, Comrade ThankGod Anago has appealed to the people of the council area to desist from indiscriminate bush burning. ANN reports that Anago who made this known while speaking in Awka, noted that bush burning in this excruciating harmattan season is disastrous and could lead to unimaginable inferno. Comrade Anago who regretted the fire outbreak that burnt a four-bedroom bungalow recently in Urum community of Awka North, warned people to do away with all inflammable materials and objects at this time to avert fire disasters.
* Governor of Anambra State Professor Chukwuma Soludo has expressed his solidarity and consolation to the Super Eagles of Nigeria following their loss in the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) finals held in Abidjan, Ivory Coast on Sunday. Angel Network News (ANN) reports that Soludo emphasizes the immense pride and admiration felt for the team’s efforts throughout the tournament. Governor Soludo commends the Super Eagles for their remarkable journey in the AFCON competition, showcasing determination, and resilience on the field.
* Beneficiaries of the “One Youth, Two Skills” Solution Initiative of the Anambra State government who received seed grants to kick-off the various skills of the programme have been advised to utilize the fund given to them judiciously. Speaking in Ogidi, the Transition Committee Chairman of Idemili North Local Government Area, Chief Chuksbrown Igboanua said that it is imperative to remind the beneficiaries that the money giving to them by the Anambra state government is not for merriment, rather it is meant to add value to their lives. Chief Igboanua who commended Governor Soludo for conceptualizing the idea of training and empowering five thousand youths in various skills in the state, noted that it is only when the beneficiaries of the exercise make good use of the money given to them, will the noble objective of the government be realized.