US President Donald Trump has said his “love for the United States” and pressing government duties will prevent him from attending his son Donald Trump Jr.’s wedding this weekend.
Trump made the announcement on his Truth Social platform on Friday, expressing regret over missing the ceremony.
“While I very much wanted to be with my son, Don Jr., and the newest member of the Trump family, his soon-to-be wife, Bettina, circumstances pertaining to government and my love for the United States of America do not allow me to do so,” he wrote.
“I feel it is important for me to remain in Washington, D.C., at the White House during this important period of time. Congratulations to Don and Bettina,” the president added.
The wedding between Donald Trump Jr. and Florida socialite Bettina Anderson is scheduled to take place on a small island in the Bahamas as a private affair with fewer than 50 guests. The couple had already legally married on Thursday in Palm Beach County, Florida.
Earlier in the week, Trump had told reporters the timing was “not good” for him, citing developments involving Iran and other national matters. The couple reportedly preferred a low-key event to avoid security complications associated with a presidential presence.
This is Donald Trump Jr.’s second marriage. He was previously married to Vanessa Trump for 12 years and they have five children together.




